‘A surprise around every corner’; ‘A slice of paradise’; – just some of the comments from our visitor’s book.
Carraig Abhainn is a labour of love for life time gardeners Eugene & Hazel Wiseman of over 30 years. A three-acre garden in the heart of Durrus, yet an oasis of peace and serenity. Enhanced by the woodland setting and surrounding mill stream, river and spectacular waterfall, the many tender and rare plants thrive in this mild, sheltered climate, providing continuous interest from March through to October.
- Five locally made bridges
- Spectacular gunnera plants
- Unique sculptures and statues throughout Self-guiding walkways including a camellia walk with over 40 camellias
- A charming portico with landscape painting by local artist
- Several benches allowing you to relax with only the sounds of the river to distract
Eircode P75 T923.
Entrance is to the left of Wiseman’s shop in Durrus village.
Open Monday to Saturday from 10.00 am to 7.00 pm until 31st October.
Sundays by appointment.